7.30.2010

Noveling and other half-ass accomplishments

7.30.2010
Well hello bloggers and readers. In slim chance that somebody will still actually ready my blog (after my extended hiatus) I announce my writing return here, and in this manner: I am back.

How very anticlimactic, I know.

So, updates. Let’s see… I watched, cried, loved and laughed the World Cup. Spain won, as I hoped they would. All is right in the world. And for clarifications sake, it was the US soccer team that brought on the tears. I really wanted to them in the finals. But we all know how that worked out.

I moved. New house, still Atlanta. Actually, I’m IN Atlanta, not a suburb anymore, so there. That is and will be an ongoing project for the next, oh I don’t know, two or three decades?

Writing: That front is now being tackled. I have left my MS alone for a solid seven weeks, and am now in the process of going through it one more time. I hope it will not take more than 2 weeks to do this part, and after that, “Mend” will be ready for the query slaughter house. I’d like a catchy way to open my query letter. I’ve seen some great ones over at slushpile hell, but I need something memorable. Something along the lines of “Who needs Oprah when you have talent like this. See below for evidence…” What do you all think? It’s a sure shot winner, don’t you?

Glad to be back. I Will pick up the posting pace, I promise. I’d love to know what you all have been up to.

Ta-ta

4 comments:

Sierra Godfrey

YAY! You're back!!

For the record, I always notice when someone blogs because it is in bold in my Google Reader. So I caught yours right away :)

AND YAY to the World Cup!! I'm right there with you baby.

And YAY to the writing and to being in Atlanta!!

(you have LOTS to yay about!)

More blogging, please. I've missed your posts.

Leigh Hutchens Burch

Finally! It's about time. I was starting to feel like someone cut off my other arm or something. That's how lost I've been without you. Sobspice.

I'm glad to hear you're back on track with editing and getting ready to query~ that's so wonderful. My own MS still sits unfinished. It's no more than a mess of works strung together in sentences... strung together in paragraphs. (Yeah, I'm hormonal. Pregnancy is like, AWESOME!)

Unknown

Look! You're back! The house move sounds exciting.
As for the football, things could have been worse you could have supported England. Ah, no! That would be me. ;)

L. Diane Wolfe

Atlanta is a tough town to drive in - or around!
Sometimes we all need a break. I came back from my breaks to people waiting and so shall you.

Post a Comment

 
◄Design by Pocket, BlogBulk Blogger Templates. Distributed by Blogger Templates